CleanAmp™ Hot Start PCR is a patented technology developed under SBIR grants from the NIH.
CleanAmp™ Hot Start PCR products provide a specific, sensitive and flexible alternative to Hot Start DNA polymerases. TriLink has applied their expertise in modified nucleic acid chemistry to develop chemically modified dNTPs and primers that enable Hot Start PCR using standard Taq DNA polymerase. Simply swap out the standard dNTPs or primers in your PCR assay for the corresponding CleanAmp™ product to create a Hot Start PCR reaction. CleanAmp™ products are ideal for applications such as RT-PCR, multiplex PCR, digital PCR, fast PCR, end-point PCR and real-time PCR (including real-time RT-PCR and fast real-time PCR). CleanAmp™ Hot Start PCR products offer:
• Compatibility with all DNA polymerases and PCR applications
• Unparalleled specificity and sensitivity due to significantly reduced non-specific amplification
• Easy assay development with minimal optimization
• Increased product yield
• High amplification efficiency with short and long amplicons (up to 23kb)
• Significant cost savings over other Hot Start technologies, including affordable licensing opportunities
Activation of CleanAmp™ Products occurs during the initial heat cycle of Hot Start PCR and each subsequent denaturation step, releasing just enough reagent to allow efficient amplification. By limiting the amount of active reagent during the early cycles when the target is in low concentration, CleanAmp™ significantly reduces background amplification to achieve a reduction or even an elimination of primer dimer and mis-priming.